Jan 30, 2009

The Mind

The Mind
By Patrick Harnish
January 29, 2009

The mind is a fragile place
Sometimes dozing into space
Taking for granted all you know
Hoping the mind will grow


The birds around you chirp loud
Your mind filled with a cloud
You think of better days
But what would I say


I was on the computer today
And knew that I would be okay
I wrote to them that night
As I found myself in fright


They said talk to the school today
And everything will be okay
I spoke up very loud and cried
I knew they were on my side


As they whisked me away
I heard my self say
Thanks to you my friend
That this is not my end


My mind is open and alive
Again I was able to thrive
Peace and joy in my life
With no danger or strife


Off I go happy and unafraid
No need for a new Band-Aid
A love so kind and sweet
That I didn’t miss a beat


I will keep you in my prayers
And know that someone cares.


No comments:

Post a Comment